Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Phantom!!!

This afternoon was awesome because Rob and I went to go see one of my favorite musicals of all time - The Phantom of the Opera. I have loved this musical since I was a little girl - mainly because the main character (besides the Phantom, of course!) has the same name that I do!

I am always little a nervous going to see a live show because I am so used to hearing the amazing voices on the Cd's, but I am happy to say that the actors today sang beautifully! This was Rob's first time to see the show, and it was my third so I kind of knew what I was about to watch. Rob thought that the pyrotechnics and the chandelier flying up and down was pretty neat. He also thought it was awesome that you could FEEL the heat from the flames that were produced during one of the scenes. All in all, it was a wonderful show (of course I knew it would be -- which is why we bought the tickets to go!) Eventually, we would like to make another theater trip for possibly The Sound of Music, and maybe even Young Frankenstein (Rob's choice, obviously). I'm so thankful to have such a great husband who indulges my musical tastes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment