Friday, July 24, 2009

Biddle Family Vacation

Wow - It has been a while since I posted anything, but nothing much exciting had happened, and then Rob and I joined his family for a week long vacation and LOTS happened! His parents were able to rent a cute little condo that was just the right size for all of us. At the beginning of the trip, we had: Peggy, Sam, Kelly, Wes, Sherri (his girlfriend, in case someone doesn't know..), Me and Rob. Wes and Sherri were only able to stay a few days, but we had a blast with them. I won't do a blow by blow account of our daily activities, but here's some of the fun family stuff we go to do this past week!

Our first night might be one of the best memories I have from this trip.. We were all changing into our bathing suits, and we could not find Wes. He had gone out to his truck to get his clothes, and we assumed he had gone to the pool because he was not in the condo, nor outside waiting. So we called and tried to find where he was, and he said he was sitting in the living room, watching tv and waiting for us. Let's just say, he wasn't lying, but he wasn't watching tv in OUR condo! :) Sadly for Wes (not so much for anyone else...) I don't think he will ever be able to live down this story! We had a lot of fun swimming while we were there, and I especially loved what it did to Rob's hair once we got out.

The next morning we all got up and went fishing at Sam Houston National Forest. It looked like a nice little place to fish, but we didn't have much luck. We stayed out there a couple of hours, but the only people who caught fish were Wes, Peggy, and Rob - Rob's being the best of course.
Afterwards, we went to eat at good old DoubleDave's which made me feel right at home! Later on that same afternoon, we decided to go to the gun range. Minus the fact that it was so stinkin' hot outside, it was a lot of fun. I only shot once -- although I had two clay targets because I missed the first one fly by. Oops:

The last day that Wes and Sherri were with us, we drove out to my favorite place - College Station - and ate at Rosa's. Rob's family had never been there before (minus Sherri who understood how amazing their food is..) so it was really exciting getting to show them a food that is so close to my heart! And, I'm pretty sure they loved it! We spent a little time in CS. Sherri had never seen the campus, so we drove around it for a bit. Of course, I played the fight song while we drove around - she needed the complete tour! On our way back to the condo we stopped at a cute little store and I bought a set of A&M Farkle dice! Thanks to facebook, I am very much addicted to playing Farkle, and now I have my own set!

The day after Wes and Sherri left, we spent some time in the Spring/Conroe area. We went to go see the new Harry Potter movie which I was a little disappointed in. It seemed a lot of story and character development and not much drama. But, I'm sure it will help the next movie make more sense once it comes out. After the movie, we came to check on my babies again who I missed the entire trip! We attempted to shop at the Conroe outlet malls.. but.. almost everything was closed! I guess it's just a sign on the times..

One of the last things that we did was drive out to Somerville, Texas to eat at the one of THE best steak houses I've ever been to. We were a little disappointed because they were out of some of the cuts of steak, but I was happy because they had my salad with yummy ranch dressing and my chicken fried steak! :) For those who have never been, I highly recommend it -- here's a sample of what their small serving size is! As if the food there was not enough to fill us for days, we drove on to Brenham to the Blue Bell Factory! We went on a short little tour of the factory and at the end were treated with yummy ice cream. I got mint chocolate chip, and Rob got Southern Blackberry Cobbler which was amazing. So good, in fact, that we already have a half gallon in our freezer!

All in all - we had a great family vacation! There really was never a dull moment, and it's always so nice to get to spend time with people you love! But there is something to be said about sleeping in your own bed and spending time with your three kitties! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment