Sunday, June 6, 2010

School's out.. for.. the summer!!

Yay! We are done with another school year! Our last day of school was Friday which was a workday with no students, so we had to say our goodbyes to them on Thursday. It's definitely been an interesting year, but I am happy to get to move onto bigger and better things next year. I don't have any real plans for the summer, but I am going to try to get some things on ebay so we have a little extra money. We are planning a big family trip to Vegas - and Kelli and Andrew are coming for the weekend to see Garth Brooks!! I'm super pumped!! Other than that, I'm sure Rob and I will be visiting family and I'm going to try to clean and sort through things around the house. 

I did forget to post last weekend about our 2 year anniversary :) But, I will say it's because we were busy having a great time in Austin! I planned a little weekend trip for us to celebrate and relax, and boy was it awesome. We stayed outside of Austin in Buda - which is about 15 miles from downtown. We got there on Saturday afternoon, and went to an Indigo Girls concert that evening. I speak for myself when I say we had a great time - Rob is such a sweet husband to let me have my indulgences every once in a while. On Saturday, we went to go see Shrek Forever After in 3D, and then we went to peruse a local winery. Rob and I always talk about going to one and never make it out, so I wanted to be sure to have that be a main event that weekend. We got to sample about 10 different wines and even bought a bottle. We had dinner on site at a wonderful restaurant and had some amazing food. The next day we met my wonderful longtime friend Tyler who now lives in Austin to eat lunch. It was a nice treat getting to see him and talk about some of our funny memories together and make new ones with Rob. We drove back home after that, and Rob cooked a wonderful dinner - coq au vin and french onion soup. We exchanged some presents - I got Rob a traditional children's book and picture we had taken of us a few weeks prior for him to take to the office. Rob got me a gift certificate to Massage Envy which I totally plan to take advantage of asap! What a perfect gift for the end of the year! :) 

That's all I have to report for now - be sure to check out our photos link to see some of our favorite pictures we had taken as well as pictures from our trip to Austin! 

Happy Summer!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment