Monday, December 14, 2009

The good, the bad, and the birthday!

One of the great things about having a birthday fall on a weekend is that you pretty much get to celebrate ALL weekend! And that's exactly what we did! On Friday as I mentioned, Rob and I went to visit Kelli and Andrew for dinner and games and to celebrate Kelli's birthday. We had lots of fun and the home cooked meal was de-lish! For lunch on Saturday, Rob and I drove downtown to have lunch with my sister Catherine, my Great Aunt Jo, and my Uncle Bill at a wonderful restaurant called Prego's. It was really great getting to spend some time with them and all because it was my birthday! From there, we came back home and had a little time to relax until it was time to go to my holiday party for work. It turned out to be a lot of fun and I am glad we went -- especially because they had Olive Garden cater the food! My favorite! On Sunday (my actual birthday), Rob's parents and sister Kelly came up north to take me out to lunch wherever I wanted! So after some thought (since I had eaten my favorite the night before..) we decided on The Cheesecake Factory. And, as expected, it was amazingly good. Of course, my wonderful mother in law just HAD to tell them it was my birthday so I would get a group singing to me.. :) All kidding aside though, it was really sweet that they drove up to see me for my birthday. I got some really great presents from everyone which was good - but I won't go into detail about those - except for the one Rob got for me. Being the sweet guy that he is, he knew that my iPod was older than dirt and surprised me with a new one! It was totally unexpected and it was pretty exciting to see that ALL of my music could fit onto it. But here comes.. the bad. Since it is a newer model, I wanted to check and see if it would fit in my old iPod speakers. Well, I looked and looked... and looked. And.. Gone. And so was my old iPod. It was taken in the robbery, and we didn't notice it missing because I hadn't used it since the break-in. Good news is that we have added the two items to the insurance claim and will be getting a new set of speakers for my iPod shortly. And that's the good, the bad, and the birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment