Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas #1

Since Rob and I haven't had the chance to head over to Midland/Lubbock to visit my family much this year, we decided that we would go in for a pre-Christmas Christmas visit. We left on Saturday the 19th, and came home Tuesday the 22nd. When we arrived in Lubbock on Saturday, the first place we headed for was Rosa's - one of my favorite Mexican food places ever! From there we drove about two hours to Midland to see my family that lives there. We stopped first to see my sister-in-law Staci and nephew Cameron. From there, we all drove to my brother Jon and his wife Amber's house to say hello to them and then left a bit after that to go on a "hayride" at a local church. It was actually a lot of fun - we were given hot chocolate, kettle corn, and a ride around Grasslands to look at the Christmas lights for free. When we went back to Jon and Amber's house, we opened up some presents and had our mini-Christmas. It was a good family night of fun. Afterwards, Rob and I went to go visit my friend Ashley (and Kelli and Andrew) at her house. On Sunday, we headed back to Lubbock with Cameron in tow. We played a bunch on the Wii with Cameron that day, and that night Rob and I made Chicken Parmesan for dinner. Monday was a bit laid back - we ran a bunch of errands around town with my mom, and of course, played more Wii with Cameron! For dinner that night, we went over to Grandpa Henderson's house and had Spaghetti with Bacon with him and my Aunt Annie. Afterwards, we played a fierce couple rounds of spades but ended up calling it a night because it was getting later in the evening. Monday morning we headed over to my Aunt Maura's house so we could say hello and whatnot, and she wanted to cook us breakfast. How could you say no to that?! We had some yummy omelets and pancakes. After running a few more errands, Mom took us to the airport to head back to Houston. All in all, we had a great trip and would have loved to have stayed longer -- but my Mom promises that she's going to head this way next year and visit us instead!! Here are a few pics from our visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment