Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2, 3, and 4..

For the actual Christmas holiday, Rob and I went to Bridge City to be with his family. We left the morning of the 24th and got there around lunchtime which was just in time to head to Whataburger for a free hamburger! Although, we had to pay for drinks and fries, but it was still a good deal. Then we headed over to Aunt Pat's house (my father-in-law's sister) to visit and have a Christmas exchange with them. There were a lot of really great while elephant gifts going around, but I must admit I think I got the best one which was a handmade blanket that Kelly made. I'll have to take some pictures soon to show it off! Rob got a Hickory Farms gift box with some meats and cheeses, and I think he was pretty happy with that too. We stayed and visited for a while and then went back to the Biddle house. We went ahead and had our Christmas even though Wes wasn't there because he unfortunately had emergency stuff with work and couldn't make it in. We all got some really great gifts. I got a warm-up suit, a beautiful bracelet, and a jewelry armoire from Peggy & Sam, and got two pairs of handmade earrings and a choker from Kelly. Rob got a new shirt and sweater, an edger/weed eater, and a game called LittleBigPlanet from his parents and Kelly got him a beard and mustache trimmer. That evening we hung out with more of the family and had a good time. On Christmas morning, we went to mass and then went over to Carrie and Daryl's house to watch their little boys open their Christmas gifts. We went back to the house afterwards to start on lunch and not too soon afterwards there was a knock on the door -- it was Wes!! He surprised us all by coming in and not letting any of us know! I know Sam & Peggy were pretty happy that he was able to make it in for Christmas. So, we ate lunch and then had another little Christmas with him. Wes and Sherri got us a wine grape tree that we're going to have to plant soon - which I'm pretty excited about. And, there is another gift coming next time we see them too.. We played a game of Mille Bornes before Wes had to head back home. Then we (me, Rob, Kelly, and Uncle Randal) went to go see the new Avatar movie - which was pretty good, though I don't have a strong desire to see it again.. Then today we had our 4th Christmas with the Klein side of the family. We went over to Uncle Glen and Aunt Susan's house for pizza and the Klein gift exchange. I always enjoy it because there are always so many good gifts going around! This year, Rob got a remote controlled car that he played with not long after getting it, and I got a really pretty candle holder that I can't wait to put up in the house. We stayed until later in the afternoon and headed back home to come be with our kitty cats. :) We have one more Christmas tomorrow and then I think we're done for the season! I'll be posting some pictures shortly but until then.. Merry Christmas, y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment