Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Love is in the air...

...and beads too!

For Valentine's weekend, Rob and I went into Bridge City to celebrate Mardi Gras and Valentine's Day with his family. It was really fun because everyone was in town - us, Kelly, Wes, and Sherri. On Saturday evening, we went to a Mardi Gras parade with Nan, Carrie & Daryl and the boys. We had a lot of fun waiving to all the people on the floats and of course, catching the beads. I was pretty proud of all the ones I caught - though, Rob did help me catch quite a few. On Sunday, all of the "kids" (except me) gave blood at the church which will be a nice Valentine's gift for some people!

Valentine's Day was great for me, and I'm pretty sure Rob enjoyed his gift too. I got a dozen beautiful red roses, a box of chocolates, a gift certificate to restaurant.com and a super sweet card. Rob was pleasantly surprised with a gift certificate to Brew It Yourself so that he (ok, we) can make our own wine! I can't wait to learn more about doing it - and even more excited about tasting it!

No comments:

Post a Comment