Sunday, January 17, 2010

How it's going..

Well, a few updates to our lives to talk about. First off, Rob and I got to spend some time with my brother Steve the weekend of January 9th and 10th which was great. He came home from Afghanistan just in time for the holidays and we were all very thankful for that. I am back in full swing at work - it's been nice so far because we have had 4 day weeks so far. I wish every week was like that! Rob's family came into town this past weekend for some good old fashioned family time. We were excited to have them in so we could show them all of our new furniture - and of course they approved! I don't think I mentioned it before, but we also got a new entertainment center which was delivered this past Tuesday. Anyways, while they were here, we went to go eat at Cheddar's mainly because Rob had never eaten there. Crazy, I know, because their food is SO good. We had a good time played some video games and just hanging out as a family.

On a sad note, Rob and I finally decided that it was time to take the cats in to get declawed. We actually called our vet and set up an appointment in December but that appointment only lasted about 20 or 30 minutes. I made Rob call back and cancel - we figured we could deal with scratches here and there and on the furniture and that declawing wasn't necessary. Well, after we got our new furniture, one of our kitties (who will remain nameless...) was walking across the back of the headboard but had some coordination issues which resulted in the falling off of the headboard with Rob's face as the landing spot. Not good, all around. Rob had a gash on his forehead above his right eye to a bit of the cheek. I woke up to the sound of him screaming because of the cats, and well, the cats got scheduled to be declawed. As hard as it was to take them to the vet this past Friday to get it done - I know there are many more pros to doing it than there are cons. We get to pick them up tomorrow and I am REALLY hoping they don't hate us for the rest of their lives. :( Don't worry - I'll be sure to update to let everyone know how things went. But I must say - my life has felt a little empty being at home without them. It just goes to show what a big part of my life those three cats are! I can't wait to get them home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment